Eligibility to apply for enrolment at SRC
The students who attend our school are young people that may struggle to undertake their education in a mainstream school.
We welcome applications from students who feel that a mainstream educational setting is not the ideal environment for them to thrive in academically, socially or personally.
The selection criterion for SRC focuses on the following priorities:
- A demonstrated desire to learn. Students who enrol have to want to attend and participate in all activities.
- A maturity to learn in an adult learning environment with the ability to work independently for short periods of time.
- Barriers to effective participation in mainstream education and/or experience of disadvantage. These barriers may include challenges associated with: mental health, social inclusion, financial disadvantage, Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander background, family breakdown or educational disengagement.
- An acceptable level of risk posed to other students.
- A level of functional literacy and the ability to function independently.